Some ancestors of JPB:
Abraham, Patriarch to Israel, Islam and Christianity- 67th ggf
King Alfred - 30th ggf
King Arviragus - 51st ggf
A personage who has come to our attention in the writings of Juvenal, who mentions him in connection with resistance to Roman conquest and authority. Geoffrey of Monmouth refers to him as a British king whose brother was killed sometime during Claudius' invasion (43 AD). He has been linked with Caratacus, but more interestingly, he is said by the interpolators of William of Malmesbury's "De Antiquitate Glastoniensis Ecclesiae" to be the king who granted 12 hides of land around Glastonbury to Joseph of Arimathea and his band of followers, when they brought Christianity to Britain for the first time in 63 AD.
Some scholars think that it may have been Arviragus and his people who occupied the ancient hillfort, located in the county of Somerset, known as Cadbury Castle (which would later come to be associated with King Arthur), and used it as a base for their resistance against the Romans.
http://www.britannia.com/history/biographies/arvirag.html
Berengar, Count of Rennes - 26th ggf
Bernhard, King of Italy - 29th ggf
Bran the Blessed - 51st ggf
Charlemagne - 30th ggf
King Childeric of Franks - 40th ggf
Cleopatra - wife of 54th ggf
Clodion - 40th ggf
Clodius I - 43rd ggf
Clodius III - 48th ggf
Clodomir IV - 63rd ggf
Clothaire I - 38th ggf
Clothilde - 39th ggm
Clovis - 39th ggf
King Coel of Camulod - 49th ggf
King Cymbeline (1st pendragon) 52nd ggf
Dagobert -46th ggf
King Darda Dardanus of Troy - 62nd ggf
Elmyra of Temple Faustina - 54th ggm
King David of Israel - 91st ggf
King Edward I of England - 15th ggf
King Edward II - 14th ggf
King Edward III - 13th ggf
Faramond - 41st ggf
Frederick, Count of Luxembourg - 24th ggf
Geoffrey Plantagenet I - 19th ggf
Lady Godiva - 26th ggm
Helen of Troy - 78th ggaunt
King Henry I of England - 20th ggf
King Henry II of England - 18th ggf
King Henry III of England - 16th ggf
King John I - 17th ggf
Judicael, Count of Rennes - 27th ggf
Judith of Brittany - 23rd ggm
Judith of the West Franks - 28th ggm
Julius Caesar - 56th gguncle
King Lear - 52nd ggf
King Louis I of France - 29th ggf
Matilda of Flanders - 21ggm
Matilda, Princess of Saxony - 25ggm
Matilda, Queen of England - 19ggm
Matilda of France (3cousin27)
Matilda, Countess of Ringelheim - 31ggm
Odin - 53ggf
King Priam of Troy - 79ggf
King Robert I of France - 26ggf
King Robert II of France - 23ggf
King William the Conk - 21ggf
Boaz Anfortas - 43ggf
French Kings in Cement
French Queens in Cement
Saint Denis Basilique, Paris, France
SEE ALSO:
http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/descent/Cynfelyn.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment